Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sayward Beach Update - No Nude Bathing Sign Destroyed. - July 25 2011

I went to Sayward beach today. It was cloudy and not particularly warm. I was still depressed about the "No Nude Bathing" sign placed at one end of the beach. I went anyways.

The nude section of the beach was deserted and the textile portions were not much busier.There was only one person in the nude sections. He was standing at the base of a ladder that descends from what I think is cordova bay golf course property. In any case, his shirt said cordova bay on it. So I assume he was affiliated with the golf course in some manner.

Anyway the guy was removing the sign - destroyed. The 'No Nude Bathing' sign had the paint scratched off of it - probably with a rock. It was also broken in half but he might have done that to remove it.

I spoke with him coyly to get some information about the sign. I discerned the following:


  1. This man had erected the sign in the first place.
  2. He had done so on request of the people who live above the north section of the nude beach.
  3. He blamed 'kids' for the damage but he clearly knew it was the nudists.
I don't know if he planned to erect another sign. He posted the sign on behalf of people who are probably millionaires. This could mean further trouble.

The good news is that this opposition to nude sunbathing is not a grass roots outpouring from those who walk the beach. The opposition is simply from some rich folk who like to golf and have views most of us cannot afford.

If another sign is erected or you have any more information about Sayward (aka parker) beach please post a comment or email me at

maraudingnaturist@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to be in the area in August and I'd hoped to enjoy some time at Sayward Beach. I'm hoping continued (albeit discrete) use will help reinforce that naturists are good, responsible citizens and that naturists and textiles *can* coexist quite happily. (I'm also hoping that I'm cautiously optimistic rather than sadly naïve. Time will tell.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! One of the best things that a naturist can do is be an ambassador. Our cause can only be promoted by individuals using clothing optional beaches without shame.

    I highly encourage you to use the two stretches of clothing optional beach at Sayward. Only through continued, open, non-sexual use can we hope to retain this beach for our use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my first visit, midday and midweek, I approached the area I understood to be clothing-optional with some trepidation, as I encountered 3 groups of dog walkers (about a dozen folks in all) heading south as I made my way north along the beach. To my relief, once past the concrete retaining wall and the small stream just beyond it, I saw that there were no textiles in sight and I disrobed. And then I revelled in my good fortune: on this warm sunny day, I had a couple of kilometers of natural Pacific coast entirely to myself. (I am not counting here the kayaker a hundred meters offshore who paddled by at one point, seemingly indifferent to if not unaware of my presence.) With low tide in my favour, I hiked to the farthest extent (a few hundred meters shy and around an embankment from an RV park) and back. Bliss!

    I returned the following Friday after lunch knowing that the shade of the hillside would begin encroaching on the sun by 3 PM or so. On this day I encountered 4 other nude sunbathers (a man/woman couple, and 2 men apparently together) on the 2nd stretch of beach and a lone shorts-wearing 20-something male dog walker who passed by without comment or concern.

    Happily, no sign of any "No Nude Bathing" signage or of disapproval of any kind on these 2 visits. May it always remain so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can likewise peruse the suggestions of individuals who have attempted that specific paddle skim previously. inflatable paddle board

    ReplyDelete