Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wreck Beach World Record Skinny Dip Attempt July 2011 - Short Version

For those of you who don't wish to read a lengthy ramble about my personal trip to Wreck Beach... Here's a short version.

Wreck Beach's personal record to beat: 389 from 2010. (Unless the total from 2009 is larger, and please let me know if it was. I can't find the total online as of yet.

The world record to beat was at least 748, the highest number from the 2010 skinny dip. I think this was from Haulover beach. (South Florida Free Beaches)

Wreck gathered about 630 official participants. I think there was more but a bit of disorganization cost the count a bit.

Aside from the event being poorly managed and still wonderful fun... Wreck Beach failed to break the world record but succeeded in setting a new personal best! They also raised over $3000 in donations, mostly from one source. They also got a $19 donation from me since I needed a single dollar more for change for the bus and all I had was a twenty. I think I got a membership out of the deal but the fellow I gave the money to was stoned out of his mind.

Congrats to Wreck Beach and the Wreck Beach Preservation Society!

1 comment:

  1. Judy Williams wrote a piece for the June 2011 edition of the Canadian Nudist News. In this piece she fortunately reports the previous record for Wreck Beach Skinny Dip being 489. I conclude then that Wreck Beach had 489 participants in 2009 and 389 from 2010.

    ReplyDelete